This is the second iteration of a series of workshops that focus on demystifying cryptopgraphy.
Currently, while men are overly represented within the crypto demographic, similar to the banking and tech industries. A lack of consolidated information and exclusive practices make the space appear difficult for other people to enter and participate in. Led by Casey Silverstein, this free and introductory workshop will attempt to break down those entrance barriers and will give you the tools to operate in the “internet of value.”
The first thirty minutes of the workshop will cover:
- History of blockchain technology
- How blockchain technology works
- Potential applications of blockchain technology
- Major cryptocurrency exchanges
- Safe & secure practices for buying & selling cryptocurrency
In the second thirty minutes, participants will:
- Create accounts on different exchanges
- Buy ETH (Ether)
- Send ETH (Ether)
- Learn the basics of trading on exchanges
- Review questions
A note on access:
Artists Space is accessible via elevator from street level, welcomes assistance dogs, and has wheelchair accessible non-gender-segregated toilet facilities. For access inquiries please contact Artists Space at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212 226 3970.